Monday, December 27, 2010

Cendol @ Jonker Street

Hello world!

There's so much to blog about my Melaka trip that I have to blog it in different post. Cendol is an authentic food that Malaysian's crave for, especially during hot weather.


This shop that I went to, it's a small grocery shop, with a small store right outside selling Cendol.

IMG_3957



Honestly, the Cendol served here is not that special, I read a few newspaper segment talking about this Cendol store but I find not really much different comparing to those that sells Cendol at the road side in a van. I find it pricey as well, RM3 for one cup of Cendol is way too much.

IMG_3955

IMG_3960


DO NOT WASTE YOUR STOMACH ON THIS! Not worthy at all.


Now this is the part where good Cendol comes in. When walking to the Chicken Rice Shop, I saw this big board writing Durian Cendol, I was so amazed by the idea of mixing Durian and Cendol, eventhough I was carrying one big Chicken Rice Ball in my stomach, I insists of buying it and try.

IMG_3991


The durian smell is so strong that I can even smell it just by holding it. It's basically Durian with Cendol's ingredient. You can still eat the peanut and jelly in Cendol, but the Durian cover up the "Santan" smell in Cendol. Durian Cendol even comes with a cardboard handle. Despite all that, it's still a must try if you are visiting Jonker Street!

IMG_3995


It cost almost the same price as the one above, RM2++, but it's so much more worthy buying this.


To all durian cravers! This is it. To its amazing idea of mixing Cendol and durian, I rate this 8/10.

1 comment:

  1. condel is really2 da besh ever i'd when it's hot like hell..

    Jom skodeng,
    Kuasa Seorang Wanita

    ReplyDelete